Sunday, October 6, 2013

DIY Weekend

DIY Weekend

With my husband off visiting his parents for the weekend, I decided to stay with my parents (a mere 20 minute drive away!) and be crafty. This whole pregnancy nesting thing really does happen!

My mom and I scoured Pinterest looking for a fun craft, and we came about some great soap-making recipes. Such a surprisingly easy process for a beautiful end result.

We ended up with Oatmeal/Lavender and Rosemary/Citrus Mint combinations - they smell so good!

Other than singing and doing makeup, I am pretty limited in my artistic abilities- both my mom and my sister are talented visual artists, and my "unique art" over the years has become a hilarious running joke- the fact that these soaps came out pretty was basically a miracle!

These little lovelies would make great gifts. Here are the sites we used for instructions:

http://www.100layercake.com/blog/2009/03/23/diy-soaps-for-your-bridesmaids-our-first-giveaway/

http://www.everydayhomeblog.com/2013/04/homemade-soap.html

1 comment:

  1. These are so ridiculously gorgeous, Anna! *picking my jaw up off the floor* ... *grabby hands*

    ReplyDelete