Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dear Mr. D

Dear Husband,
Right now you are washing dishes and dirty baby bottles as I leisurely sit on the couch writing this blog post.  There is a sleeping four week old whom you just rocked to sleep for his morning nap.  You go back to work tomorrow and in doing so make it possible for me to stay at home with this little babe.  While you were home with us, you mastered diaper changes, rocked and bounced Hugo until your back literally ached, tidied up the house, and did everything else imaginable to make our lives easier.  You did this with a positive attitude, laughter, and a love for us I don't know if I'll ever comprehend.  Your tender heart and selflessness inspire me to be a better human being and mother.  I'm going to miss you so, so much tomorrow when you go back to work.
When we first started dating I remember being embarrassed and nervous introducing you to my friends because you were "nerdy and weird".  A mere six years ago I was a much younger (in more ways than one) girl who cared too much about how others saw her. You were so wonderfully you- never trying to be someone else in front of others, never hiding your true nature.
When we meet new people now, I am so proud to call you my own, (albeit slightly embarrassed to be introduced as your wife because you are so wonderful and I worry that people will catch on.)   Your weirdness and quirks bewitch me and encompass my heart.  
Thank you for loving me back then and today, for being an amazing father, and for being you every single day.
Yours,
Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment