Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dear Hugo

Dear Hugo,

Your dad Ben and I still need to write up your birth story before its details become fuzzy, but here are a few things I want to record from the last week or so:

Sleep: Ben is great without it, I am slowly adjusting.  

My heart melts when I see you in your dad's arms, and I see how comfortable he is holding you.  

My favorite time of day is when you are in your quiet alert state, I can see your big beautiful eyes blinking slowly, and you are calm among the storm that is your new life outside the womb.  

I love your smell.  Why do you babies smell so delicious?

I've had more emotions condensed into the last week than I've ever had in life.  It's equal parts anxiety-provoking and equal parts ardent.  

Your rapid breaths as your drift into dreamland remind me that you are a beautiful little human who I feel blessed to take care of.  

That's all for now,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment