Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hugo, Two Months Old!

Image

 

Hugo is two months old!  I am falling in love with this little person in ways that feel so primal and real to me, it's almost as if life before him lacked true intensity of the heart.  I knew I loved my husband, I knew I loved my family, but I didn't expect the intense feelings of both love and worry I have felt each day since his birth.

Hugo is full of wonder, and each day it feels as if his personality is developing more and more.  Cliche, but true- his smiles melt me. Someone so pure, so full of curiosity, is someone I want to have around.

Some things I want to remember this month:  His stronger neck strength.  His gurgling, "ooh" and "ahh" sounds, baby squeals, and chuckles in his sleep.  I love the smile he makes when he is cat napping as he goes into sleep so easily.  His furrowed brow.  The way dad and I try so hard to get one little smile out of him.  His newfound awareness of patterns and people around him.  The way he kicks his feet out when he's excited.  The way he submits to sleep on our shoulders. 

I could go on and on with the things I love about this boy.  I am so full of love and excited to watch him grow.  

 

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment